Monday, October 19, 2009

Trip to Kennedy Space Center, Florida

I went down to Kennedy Space Center in Florida to do some work and spent some time driving around on the base and looking at some of the old launch sites that were used for the earlier space missions, such as the Apollo program. It was amazing standing right under the platform were some of the Apollo rockets had been launched from and were the Apollo 1 accident occured and three astronauts lost their lives.

The highlight must have been finding the best beach probably in the world - I just had to change in to my swim trunks which I luckily brought in for work. The best part - beach closed for public. Since the beach is on the base there are no tourists and thus a co-worker and I had the beach for ourselves. In the background the launch tower for the Atlas V rocket can be seen and just a few days after we left it launched for an unmanned mission to the moon. Of course I was on the lookout for some alligators, and was lucky to spot one driving on the base. I had to pull over and step out to take a picture of this friendly swimmer.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vilka häftiga upplevelser du får på ditt jobb. Fina bilder, lite konstnärliga tycker jag.
mamma

Becky said...

That is sooooo cool! I'm going to have to show this post to Ryan. He'll love seeing those pics!