Thursday, May 1, 2008

Quick trip to Cologne, Germany

This week I made a quick trip to Cologne, Germany, to have a meeting with Ford Motor Company, Europe. It was a short but sweet trip and I was there for less than 24 hours. Basically all I did was check in to the hotel, sleep, check out and heading out to Ford Motor Company for a day of meetings, and then back to the airport and off I flew home. Unfortunately I had no time for sightseeing but was able to see the famous Cathedral (from the backseat of a car) that is on the UNESCO World Heritage List and began construction in year 1248. If I ever go back to Cologne I will make sure to spend a couple of hours touring this building. You can see on the picture below how HUGE it is...for a while it was the worlds tallest building of some 500 ft.

1 comment:

Britt Chudleigh said...

I am speechless. That building is so beautiful. It is enormous yet is just glows and feels like it is floating. Wow. On another note, why do I not know what you are talking about when you say you had a day of meetings with Ford Motor Company? Are you working? What is up. E-mail me ASAP!!!