Friday, October 10, 2008

Saturday Treats


After our fun day out last Saturday, we couldn't forget the traditional Saturday Treats. Every Saturday Oscar gets some candy/chips/goodies of some sort and a juice box and gets to watch cartoons at 6:00 PM. The week before this Saturday, I let Lina have some cheese doodles and she really liked them. This week, she got to sit at the sacred Saturday Treats table and have cheese doodles just like her big brother. They were so cute sitting together and watching cartoons. We love this tradition and it is so fun how excited they both get on Saturday nights.

2 comments:

Brooke Jenkins said...

It is so good to see your family. I love hearing about the family traditions too. Thanks for explaining the "fika" thing. I was confused. Here is AZ the weather only cooled off just enough to shut off the AC for a couple days. I miss fall. Thanks for letting your boy enjoy it and for posting these pictures. It eases the pain to know that if I can't enjoy it, at least someone is.

Becky said...

What a fun tradition! My sister does something similar-- they have a game night every Sunday night with only one child and they get to eat any treats and play games just with mom and dad. Family traditions are the best.